How to Setup Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S8
Table of Contents
- 1 Setup Bixby and Use on Samsung Galaxy S8
- 2 Hello Bixby
- 3 Bixby Vision
Setup Bixby and Use on Samsung Galaxy S8Advertisment
Samsung Galaxy S8 arrives with new intelligent voice assistant named Bixby. Just press the Bixby key or say “Bixby,” and it will respond to you testtest testtest.
How to Set Up Bixby
- Before setting up Bixby, you need to make sure that your Galaxy S8 is connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- Now press the Bixby key
- Tap ‘sign in’ and sign in to your Samsung account
- Complete the setup by following the on-screen instruction
- Next, you will see the Bixby conversation window
After setting up Bixby, you can now use this intelligent voice assistant. Here’s the tutorial.
How to use Bixby
- Press the Bixby key
- You should now see Bixby conversation window
- Say your request to Bixby
- You should see your request in the Bixby conversation window
- Now the corresponding function will launch
For example: if you say ”Send Thank You to Ricky Jo”, then this message and the contact saved as Ricky Jo will be automatically entered in the Message app.
- Bixby will ask for more detail request if it doesn’t understand you.
Bixby Supported Language
Bixby is currently available in three languages, Korean, Chinese, and US English. More languages will be available soon. Here’s how to see a list of Bixby’s supported language.
How to see a list of supported language
- Open Bixby conversation window
- Tap Setting
How to use Bixby Hints
Your new voice assistant Bixby can predict and suggest relevant functions you need. Select hints that Bixby suggests starting the functions. Here’s how:
- Tap Setting in the Bixby conversation window
- Bixby will show you hints for the current situation
- Choose the hint
- Now the function will start
How to Enter Text for BixbyAdvertisment
If you wish Bixby to understand you, then entering text will be the right thing to do. You will surely need this when you are in the noisy environment. Here’s how:
- Tap keyboard icon in the Bixby conversation window
- Enter text
- Tap Send
How to use Bixby Chat Mode
You can use Bixby in various ways. You can turn on the Bixby Chat Mode. Simply tell Bixby what you want to say on your message. Your spoken words will be entered as text. Here’s how to setup Bixby chat mode:
- Press the Bixby key in the text input field
- Tap List icon in the Bixby conversation window
- Tap ‘Turn on Chat Mode’
- Press the Bixby key and say your message
- Bixby will enter your message in the Bixby conversation window
- Bixby will send your message
Bixby Dictation Mode
When it is not easy for you to type, you can use Bixby dictation mode. Here’s the tutorial:
- Press the Bixby key in the text input field
- Tap List Icon in the Bixby conversation window
- Tap ‘write down’
- Say your message
- You should now see your spoken words on the screen
How to Launch Apps or Functions with Bixby
- You can now use Bixby to launch your favorite apps or to get the functions you need. If you say “Call Dad”, then the contact saved as “Dad” in Contacts will be called.
- You can use Bixby to check the weather or schedule
Only say “Show me today’s weather” then you should see basic information in the Bixby conversation window.
How to Open Hello Bixby Page:
- Just swipe to the right on the home screen
- You should see each app’s content as cards based on your current time, location and usage patterns
- To see the information you need, just swipe upwards or downwards
Note: The content and order of the cards will be updated automatically at a specific interval. Just swipe downwards on the screen to update manually.
How to Manage Hello Bixby Cards
You can add or delete Hello Bixby cards to select the content to view. Here’s how:
- Tap Bixby setting on the Help Bixby page
- Tap “Hello Bixby Cards”
- Tap the switches next to the items
- You can now add or delete them
How to Pin a Card on the top of the Hello Bixby Page
You can pin a card to the top of Hell Bixby page to see it always. Here’s the guide:
- On a card to pin, tap Setting Pin to top
- To unpin a card, tap Pin Icon
You can use Bixby to search relevant information with the image. You can scan objects or location and use Bixby Vision to find relevant information. The detected text can be translated too. Here’s how to setup Bixby vision:
- Connect the phone to a WiFi or mobile network
- Sign in to Google Account
- Tap camera icon
- Tap the vision icon
- Bixby Vision will be activated
- The text or images will be recognized
- You should now see the available search icons
Tap the search icon you want to use
You can also activate Bixby Vision by using the Gallery app and tap the vision icon.
Bixby Official Website: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/bixby/